This is should be a prospective customer's number one call to action, e.g., requesting a quote or perusing your product catalog.
- SIGNS! Put a sign in your yard – and others. Keep a list of names and addresses that have agreed to have signs, and let us know!
- Host a neighborhood reception for Raye.
- Volunteer to make phone calls to voters.
- Follow campaign online – and share with others. Online and social media can help us get the word out to voters. You can follow Raye on Facebook (www.facebook.com/
RayeFelderSCHouse) as well as her campaign website: www.VoteRaye.com.
REAL ID - What You Need to Know
I continue to receive calls and emails from folks confused about SC's conversion to the federal governments Real ID program. There seems to be a lot of misinformation floating around. Here's what you need to know:
The federal Department of Homeland Security (DHS) granted South Carolina an enforcement extension until October 2018 so we can become compliant with the federal law.
The earliest the SCDMV will be able to issue the compliant card is early next year (2018).
Real ID is optional; it's you choice. You do not need a REAL ID to drive, vote, visit unsecure federal facilities (post office), access hospitals, participate in law enforcement proceedings, or receive benefits for which you are entitled (Veterans Affairs, Social Security, etc). You may use a different federally approved ID (such as a passport or a military ID) instead of a REAL ID to fly domestically. However, if you don't have one of those optional federal ID's you will eventually need the REAL ID to fly on commercial airlines.
Be Early - Avoid Long Lines
Bring your documents to the local DMV now. That will allow you to order the REAL ID online in the future. The SCDMV encourages everyone who knows they will want a REAL ID to bring the required documentation to any SCDMV now to avoid long lines that will surely form next year.
Approximately 75,000 people have taken advantage of this option since the SCDMV announced it in May. The SCDMV plans to allow anyone with the appropriate documents on file to order a REAL ID driver's license online once available. To qualify for online ordering, bring all of the following to a SCDMV office:
- Two Proofs of Current, Physical SC Address
- Proof of Identity, US Citizenship, and Date of Birth
- Proof of Social Security Number
- Proof of Any Legal Name Change(s) if applicable
- To learn more, check out the SCDMV's website for Real ID.
Hope your holidays are special in everyway!Raye Felder
House District 26