Raye Felder has deep ties to York County. A small business owner, she has been civically active in our community for many years. In addition to being involved with many civic organizations in York County, Raye Felder has been recognized for her leadership with numerous awards and recognitions, including Fort Mill Citizen of the Year, Small Business Person of the Year and state Chamber of Commerce Legislative “Champion”.
First elected to the State House in 2012, Representative Felder has quickly risen into a leadership role as the First Vice-Chair of the Education and Public Works Committee. This role allows her to play an important role in moving legislation forward related to our state’s public schools, colleges and roads. This builds on her long-time involvement with education and economic development issues and organizations.
Raye Felder has been working for a better community long before running for office. As our Representative, she has the experience and proven commitment to keep making a difference.
- Businesswoman & Insurance Sales
- Residing at 116 Mary Mack Lane, Fort Mill
- Attended Winthrop College and York Technical College
- Limestone College, B.S., 1993
- Married to J. Wayne Felder
- Member, York County Regional Chamber
- Past Chairwoman, Fort Mill Area Council
- Fort Mill Citizen of the Year, 2003
- Small Business Person of the Year, 2011
- Serves on board for Community Housing, Inc.
- York Technical College Foundation
- York County Economic Development
- Previous participant, York County Zoning Board of Appeals
- Former volunteer, South Carolina Guardian Ad Litem
- Previous participant, Rock Hill Arts Council
- Previous participant, Junior Achievement